Looking for the best power inverter for your solar power system? There are a few things to consider before making your choice. In this guide, we will help you will find the best 3000 watt inverter for your application. If you are interested in 2000 watt or 1000 watt inverter we also have a list for you.
Power inverters have many different features that may be confusing for those who are new to the renewable energy world. In this buyers guide, I have taken the time to explain how each feature will affect your decision.
Here is our list of best power inverters – 3000 watts Modified sine wave
Modified or pure sinewave power inverters
There are 2 main types of power Inverters. The modified sine wave inverter and the pure sine wave inverters.
What is a modified sine wave inverter?
What is a Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
The pure sine wave inverters are better and more expensive. The current they produce is very similar to the current supplied by the electric grid. On the other hand, the modified sine wave inverters are cheap and are good for most applications except the sensitive equipment.
HERE IS OUR LIST OF BEST 3000 WATTS Pure SINE WAVE Inverter
Best Power Inverters by ratings
Inverters are rated by the amount of load they can carry. A 3000 watt inverter would be adequate as a backup for most homes. It will also handle most RV and cottages. You can always scale down from 3000 watts to 1000 Watts and even lower. In this review we will consider only 3000 watt inverters.
BEST 3000 WATT INVERTER FOR ADDED ACCESSORIES
KRIËGER 3000 Watt Power Inverter -12V
This inverter comes with a 3yr warranty and has installation cables included. It is also quite portable. All these at a very affordable price. In my research, I found that this 3000 watt inverter had the highest number of positive reviews online.
Price: Out of stock
- Small size – fits into small spaces
- 2 USB outlets
- Hard wire kit included
- Battery Cable included
- Wired remote starter
- Digital display
- Some people find the included 3ft battery cable too short. Especially when you are using the inverter in a vehicle.
Best 3000 Watt Inverter for cost
Peak PKC0AW 3000-Watt Power Inverter
The Peak power inverter has a continuous output of 3000 watts and a peak output of 6000 watts. This means that it can power most home appliances that are below 3000 watts. Do not forget that, you will need a good battery bank to get 3000 watts of power from this inverter for a good length of time.
- It is the least expensive in our list
- It has 4 A/C outlets
- It has a remote starter
- It has only one usb outlet
- Some users complained of the length of the included cable.
- The cooling fan can be loud for some people.
Best 3000 Watt Inverter for direct connection to home wiring
Go Power! GP-3000HD 3000-Watt Modified Sine Wave Power Inverter
We found that the Go Power inverter is the one best designed to be used as a back up system for the home. It has a continuous power output of 3000 watts and a peak output power of 6000 watts.
- Tough exterior gives you the peace of mind that it will last for some time and would withstand some rough usage
- It has a kit with which you can hardwire the inverter to your home’s electric system. This is very useful when using the power inverter as part of a solar power system.
- It does not have a digital display to show the power consumption, battery voltage, and other outputs.
- It does not have a USB outlet. USB outlets can be very handy for charging phones on the road. You won’t need to take chargers. You will be okay with just the cables.
Boost 3000 Watt Power Inverter
The Boost 3000 Watt 12v Inverter is as good as any of the inverters listed here. It has a decent number of positive reviews online and it delivers on its promise.
Price:Out of stock
- well built with an aluminium frame
- It has only 2 110v outlets
- No USB outlets
- No hardwire connecting kit
This inverter is just another alternative, should you not like all the other for some reasons best known to you.
One More 3000 Watt Inverter
ENERGIZER 3000 Watt Power Inverter
This is one more 3000 Watt Power Inverter. Here are some of its Pros and Cons:
- It has 4 AC power outlets
- It has an ultra silent cooling fan. For many of the other inverters, the noise from the cooling fan can be very annoying.
- It also has 4 USB outlets. This means you can charge more of your electronic gadgets such as phones, tablets, power banks, cameras etc without having to use a USB extension.
- Some users complained that the lights on the inverter can be too bright at night. They wish it could be turned off. Most people don’t mind this though.
Top 3000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverters
There are 2 types of pure sine wave inverters. The low-frequency (LF) pure sine wave inverters and the high-frequency (HF) pure sine wave inverters.
The LF inverters use a big copper transformer, so they are bigger, heavier and more expensive. They are also better with equipment that requires high starting power such as compressors and air-conditioners, especially if you use these equipment regularly and for long periods.
The HF inverters use smaller transformers and electronic components. They are lighter in weight and are less expensive. These are good for the occasional user. There is no need to spend so much money on an inverter if you will only use it for a few hours a week. These inverters are also perfect for electronic equipment and smaller devices even when using them for several hours daily.
As you choose your pure sine wave inverter today, make sure you choose the one most suitable to your needs. The more expensive ones are the LF inverters and the less expensive ones are the HF inverters.
Go Power! GP-SW3000-12; 3000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter
The Go Power 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter is very well built. It has both a 24v and a 12 Volt version. It is designed to work well as part of your backup power system for the home. This Pure Sine Wave Inverter comes at a high price. However, their customer support and warranty are excellent and the inverter works very well. For the price of this inverter, you would expect an integrated LCD display to provide information about the load and battery levels. This is not the case with the Go Power 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter. I hope the company will take note of this and integrate the display. There is, however, a remote on/off switch which has some indicators for voltage levels and power output. This remote on/of switch is sold separately. I would expect it to be included.
The Go Power 3000 watt inverter has a peak output of 6000 watts. This should be adequate for most household appliances and power tools. If you are looking for a reliable North American 3000 Watt Pure Sine Wave inverter, you can’t go wrong with the Go Power Inverter.
- Well built by a North American company
- Trust worthy warranty and good customer service
- Hardwire connection available
- 2 GFCI protected outlets
- High Cost
- No LCD display
AIMS Power 3000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter Charger 12V
The AIMS 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter is also a 100A smart battery charger. The integrated charger makes is useful for building a backup system for your home. You can keep your batteries charged when there is a power supply. You can be sure that this convenience comes at a cost. The AIMS 3000-watt power inverter-charger cost $729.00 on Amazon.
- It has an integrated charger
- It is very well built – It can withstand some tough use
- It can handle up to 9000 Watt peak power usage for 20 seconds. This will allow you to use equipment that requires more power to start such as the microwave oven.
- No LCD Screen to read your power usage or battery levels
- Only 2 power outlets – 2 are usually enough, but more would be great
Xantrex 815-3012 Freedom SW Series 3000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Charger
This Xantrex Inverter is not for the casual user. It is designed to work continuously for a long period without breaking. The price is high but it has lots of functionalities that those who use them are willing to pay. They have automatic switches that can switch from battery power to generator in an off-grid situation or from battery to the grid in a situation where there is no regular power supply from the grid. If you have the budget, and you will be using your inverter for hours daily, then go for this inverter.
PowerTech On Advanced Technology 3000 watt PURE SINE WAVE Inverter
This is a High Frequency 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter. It is a good entry level inverter for your RV. It would power some smaller airconditioners whose peak power requirements are not over 3000 watts. You can always add your other devices after turning on the airconditioner. This inverter would serve most users very well. The truth is, 80% of users don’t use their inverters that much.
If however, you run your inverter for long hours, like in an off-grid location, I would advise you invest in any of the inverters above.
- It’s very economical and can deliver!
- 3 AC sockets
- 1 USB output
- Included cable may be too short
- No LCD display (this can be a big game changer if you don’t have other means of monitoring your power consumption or battery levels)
- Very basic design to reduce cost.
VertaMax 3000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter -12V
This is the inverter for you if you want to save some money and still get a high performance pure sine wave inverter. It is a high-frequency unit so it may not power some equipment that draws a lot of power for a few seconds on start-up. However, it will power most home appliances and small air conditioners. The LCD screen on this unit makes it a better choice at this price range.
- 3 AC outlets with on/off switch
- Hardwire terminal block for permanent household wiring.
- LCD display to let you monitor your power usage and battery levels.
- Quite economical
- There are really no major complaints about this inverter other than it was designed to cut costs.
Samlex Solar EVO-3012 Evolution Series 3000 watt pure sine wave Inverter/Charger
This is another expensive but robust inverter/Charger. It delivers what it claims but it may be too expensive for a casual user. This is the type of inverter you install in your off-grid cabin. You may also use it in your RV or vessel if you use them a lot.
The pure sine wave inverter is the way to go if you want to use your inverter for sensitive equipment and you have a budget for it. The modified sine wave inverters can handle a lot of things too. I have both types of inverters and they serve very well. I believe there is no need to spend so much on a pure sine wave inverter when all you need is a modified sine wave inverter.
If you will be using your inverter for the air conditioner or a compressor over a long period of time, I suggest you invest in a LF pure sine wave inverter. If you have the budget, go for the Xantex inverter otherwise any of the other LF inverters are equally capable.