I have a 3000-watt inverter, but I have never used it to run equipment up to 2000 watts. I believe most users can make do with a 2000-watt inverter. Some people also use it to power their off-grid cottages. However, I suggest a 3000-watt pure sine wave inverter for an off-grid cabin. F you are looking for the best 2000-watt inverter, here are our unbiased reviews of the best-selling 2000-watt inverters online.
I’ll divide these 2000W inverters into three broad groups.
- Modified Sinewave Inverter
- Pure Sinewave Inverter (HF)
- Pure Sinewave Inverter (LF) / Inverter charger
I will explain the differences later in this article.
Apart from these distinctions, you must know what input and output voltage you want. Most systems use 12V inverters, but for larger systems, you may prefer a 24V, 36V, or 48V.
There are two types of outputs that you can have. You can have the regular 110/120V for most applications in USA and Canada, or 220/240V that you can use for devices that require 240V (such as electric cookers, clothes dryers, etc.)
Table of Contents
2000W Inverter Experience
There are many 2000-watt modified sine wave inverter manufacturers in the market. However, I find that most of these inverters and made in China, and as such, they don’t seem to last very long in the market.
From my experience, it is alright to buy them since the marketers are in the USA. the downside is that some of them are here today, and after a few years, they are not around anymore. The good thing is that the companies usually stay around. bove are the best 2000-watt modified sine wave inverters available in the market today (Oct. 2020)
I have one of these inverters that I have been using since 2014. t has served me well in my home in Kuje, where the power supply is unreliable.
The 2000-watt inverter comes in very handy for many users. Its capacity exceeds your car’s regular 200 -500 watt inverters. Ith a 2000-watt inverter, you can run almost all your household appliances, which is perfect for your RV or boat. 2000 watt inverter can also power most power tools. Sometimes it is not the continuous running power of the device that is high. For example, Ome tools require a very high starting power. Ost 2000-watt inverters have up to 4000-watt peak power rating so that they can handle most power equipment.
Criteria for Choosing a 2000W Inverter
So you have decided that a 2000-watt inverter is what you need. Ou has also decided what waveform you are going for. Icking the suitable 2000-watt inverter still requires some skill. O make the process as easy as possible for you, we have put together a list of key points to consider when choosing your inverter.
- Noise: Check how noisy the cooling fan is. Ost 2000-watt inverters have automatic cooling systems that start a cooling fan once the temperature of the inverter becomes dangerously high. One of these cooling fans can be pretty noisy. The noise would not bother you if you primarily use your inverter for power tools. However, you will use the inverter at night when you would like it to be quiet, then take note of the noise.
- The number of power outlets: Power Inverters are available with single outlets to power one device and multiple outlets (two or three outlets) to power multiple devices simultaneously. Ou needs to decide the number of power outlets you would require. Ake notes that on some inverters, the power outlets can only power a fraction of the rated power. Or example, a 2000-watt inverter with two power outlets would only have the capacity to power a piece of equipment that requires 1000 watts each for each outlet.
- The number of USB Ports: Some power inverters come with USB ports that allow you to charge a wide range of electrical and electronic appliances, including cell phones, laptops, game consoles, power tools, and other household products, while in the car. They come in conjunction with the power outlets or without. The USB port feature allows smartphones, iPhones, Tablets, and other USB product users to charge their devices quickly. you will need to choose an inverter based on
- Safety Features: Check what type of safety features are available. Ome common ones are Overload, Temperature, and short circuit protection.
- Size (Form Factor): You may want to be sure that your inverter can fit into your space. Inverters come in various sizes and weights. Ou can take the measurements of your previous inverter if you are replacing one or take the height of the space in your RV or home where you would like to place the inverter.
Best 2000 Watt Inverters – Modified Sinewave
This inverter type is a reliable, economical choice capable of running most devices, especially essential household appliances. In addition, they cost less than the true sine wave inverters.
If the equipment an inverter will serve can run on a modified sine wave current, you may as well save money and buy a modified sine wave inverter. Hey, it may cause equipment that requires pure sine wave to begin to operate inefficiently and exert more pressure than needed, thus causing the equipment to wear prematurely and unexpectedly fail during operation in the long run.
Despite its shortcomings, this inverter is still considered a good choice for those who cannot afford the high price of the pure sine wave inverter.
KRIEGER 2000 WATT 12V DUAL POWER INVERTER
The Krieger KR2000 is a heavy-duty, compact 2000 Watt power inverter capable of powering the most demanding loads. T connects directly to a 12 Volt DC battery to power televisions, home electronics, power tools, and other appliances in your car, truck, boat, or RV.
This unit has a dual AC outlet and USB charging ports to keep your device charged. T also features a convenient LCD showing output wattage, input voltage, battery level, and warning indicators to keep you updated on its operation. His inverter has all your protective features, including low voltage, high voltage, overload, temperature, and short circuit shut down.
The Pros of this inverter include
- With the amount of power dissipated by this inverter, it is still slow to overheat. However, t has a lot of positive reviews from customers who have purchased and used it.
- Installation kit that contains an ANL fuse kit that protects the batteries from accidental DC cable shorts, which can cause the batteries to explode, a wired remote control, and 3ft battery cables.
- Ultra-silent thermal fan. Very quiet inverter.
- Warning indicators and an awesome LCD readout display input voltage or output wattage and battery level, thus making it easy for the user to dictate what is going on.
- USB ports for powering your smartphones and tablets.
- They have excellent customer service quality. Moreover, they have the best warranty plan for labor and parts, valid for three years.
The cons of this inverter
- It is not as portable as the Bestek 2000W power inverter.
With this inverter, you will never be left without power when needed.
Best 2000 Watt Inverters – Pure Sinewave (HF)
There are two types of pure sine wave inverters. The low-frequency (HF) pure sine wave inverters and the high-frequency (LF) pure sine wave inverters.
The HF inverters use smaller transformers and electronic components. Hey are lighter in weight and are less expensive. They are suitable for the occasional user. There is no need to spend so much on an inverter if you only use it for a few hours a week. These inverters are also perfect for electronic equipment and smaller devices, even when used for several hours daily.
As you choose your pure sine wave inverter today, make sure you choose the one most suitable to your needs. The more expensive ones are the LF inverters, and the less expensive ones are the HF inverters.
Although the pure sine wave inverters are relatively expensive, it is highly recommended for you to get one if it is within your budget scheme. Prolonged use of demanding appliances such as microwaves on the modified sine wave inverter can cause your device to begin to wear out gradually and fail unexpectedly. Ure Sine Wave inverter eliminates this risk.
Best 2000 Watt Inverters / Chargers – Pure Sinewave (LF)
The LF inverters use a big copper transformer, which is more extensive, heavier, and expensive. Therefore, they are also better with high starting power equipment, such as compressors and air-conditioners, mainly if you use them regularly and for long periods.
Summary – Best 2000W Inverters
All the pure sine wave inverters on this list are efficient and reliable. Ou should make a choice based on your need and budget. However, I’d recommend the Xantrex ProWatt 2000 Inverter, which has the most buzz and positive reviews from past and present customers on and off Amazon. T is a safe, reliable, and portable choice of power for your RV, trucks, and other marine applications. Ts safety features keep control in check and notify you in case of a problem. Believe that getting this inverter will be an excellent choice for you and your electrical conveniences.
The other inverters on this list are also excellent choices and can power up various appliances and electronics efficiently. Whatever your choice inverter is, buy a good battery to enjoy your product to the fullest.