I installed a 200-watt solar panel in my home in May 2016. Since then, I have become a solar energy enthusiast, and have used solar in several more applications.
I believe solar energy is the way to go when it comes to energy efficiency. After installing my first Solar Panel and reading a few solar panel reviews, there are a few things that I look for.
This is an HQST Solar Panel Review.I believe anyone who is interested in buying a solar panel and is not a solar panel “expert” will benefit from this review of the HQST 100W Monocrystalline Solar Panel and other Solar panels.
Table of Contents
How Much Power?
This means you can use the solar panels to supply 500 Watt-hour of Power to your battery or any direct current load that may be connected to the panels. In my case, I bought my solar panels to charge my 200Ah battery. Therefore, assuming that the panels will only supply 80% of the max power rating is more realistic even when you have an almost ideal situation. If, however, some shade, some cloud, or your placement does not allow for adequate sunlight to your panels, the amount of Power outputted will be affected.
Solar technology has significantly advanced such that you can easily find a solar panel in just the right size to suit your electrical/electronic needs. Purchasing a 100-watt solar panel is a good choice if you merely want a small solar PV system for your home or your RV. his HQST Solar Panel Review will provide insights on the HQST 100 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panel; its features, pros, and cons, including a list of other quality HQST solar panels.
HQST Solar Panel Specification
- Maximum Power: 100W
- Max. system Voltage: 600V DC (UL)
- Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 18.9V
- Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc): 22.5V
- Optimum Operating Current (Imp): 5.29A
- Short-Circuit Current (Isc): 5.75A
- Weight: 16.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 47 x 21.3 x 1.4 inches
- The tempered glass and corrosion-resistant aluminum frame allow each panel to withstand high wind (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa), increasing durability and value.
- High Module Conversion Efficiency. The bypass diodes ensure excellent performance in low-light environments.
- Monocrystalline panels come with high-efficiency solar cells that increase space efficiency.
- Pre-drilled holes on the back of the panel allow for easy and secure mounting.
- Off-Grid Rooftop/Ground Mounted.
- Advanced encapsulation materials with multilayered sheet laminations to enhance cell performance and prolong the service life
- IP65-rated junction box provides complete protection against environmental particles and low-pressure water jets.
- TPT back sheet ensures smooth performance over a long period.
- Five years material and workmanship warranty, including 25 years power output warranty.
Benefits of HQST 100 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panel
- This solar panel is easy to install.
- It is ideal for both residential and rural use.
- Pre-drilled holes on the back of the panel provide a fast and secure mounting option.
- Its monocrystalline solar cells give you more efficiency per space compared to polycrystalline solar panels.
- It is reliable, having a high conversion efficiency and simple mounting advantage.
- This solar panel is quite durable e. h cells laminated into the plastic, making it stronger than glass or aluminum options.
- It comes with no bare wire MC4 Connectors.
HQST Solar Panel Summary
The HQST solar panel is a good choice if you want a durable, well-made solar panel that performs consistently. If price is important, this is also a good choice.