“Is Kinsta Worth it?”
I get this question often, so I’ll tell you why they are the best host for me.
My background is not technical, and Kinsta hosts multiple sites for me. Before Kinsta, I was struggling to manage one site.
Joining Kinsta was like going back to school – a very knowledgeable, patient school. They provided the resources and support I needed to optimize my website, educate me, and give me back time to grow.
Kinsta Value Summary
Kinsta increased the speed of my websites dramatically. This was immediately obvious, and multiple internet speed reports support this. This link is Tom from “Onlinemediamasters.com.” I like his straightforward reviews and information.
The Kinsta Dashboard is intuitive and provides all of the tools and analytics I need to manage my sites in one location with technology that is cutting edge, making it easy to monitor my sites.
Most importantly, the support I have received from Kinsta representatives has been head and shoulders above their competitors. I can chat real-time, anytime, and no matter the time of day, I get a smart, knowledgeable person to help me that is always pleasant.
Kinsta is proactive. If they see an issue, they reach out to me. Not having to check on my websites constantly eliminated a big-time suck and gave me some peace of mind.
Their resources and articles are excellent, and I have learned more in my year with Kinsta than the 10 years prior. In my one year with Kinsta, I have evolved from managing one website to managing five.
My first website used a resource-intense theme by Highend. I was using a Developer to help me optimize the site, and during this time, I migrated to Kinsta.
Even the developer was surprised at the difference in performance following the migration. I used GTMetrix, Pingdom, and Google Insights to monitor the site’s performance, and there was a noticeable improvement across all three tools.
Kinsta also provides detailed articles for every question I have, and the first thing I did was further optimize my site with their free e-book “How to Speed Up Your WordPress Site.”
Kinsta’s Dashboard provides all of the tools and analytics I need to monitor all of my sites in one location, and it’s straightforward and intuitive.
Their technology is also state of the art and well-managed, providing peace of mind on my end. Below are a few of my favorite features.
- Kinsta is powered exclusively by Google Cloud Platform and utilizes Google Cloud’s premium tier global network.
- I can count how many times I have used their staging environments and free automatic daily backups. I can also manually back up my site if needed. This makes enhancements, plugin upgrades, and code changes so much safer.
- Free hack fixes. If my WordPress website is hacked, they will fix it with immediate priority.
- Full-page caching at the server level to deliver content almost instantaneously to visitors.
- Free Kinsta CDN and free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates Kinsta sets up at the time of migration if requested.
- PHP 7.3, 7.4, and 8.0, and I can switch between them easily.
- Server-level rules and optimizations for my WooCommerce stores, and Easy Digital Downloads, create a smoother checkout experience for my stores and customers.
- Kinsta uses Relic to perform over 700 checks on my site DAILY – third-party plugins, theme template files, database queries, external calls, and coding errors. I receive immediate notifications if there is an issue.
- They have 25 data centers all over the world.
- Kinsta utilizes LXD managed hosts and orchestrated LXC software containers for each site. Every WordPress site is housed in its own isolated container, which has all of the software resources required to run it (Linux, Nginx, PHP, MySQL). The resources are 100% private and are not shared between anyone else or even your own sites.
Here is some more information on their advanced features.
I’ll start with an example.
Last month a new site was receiving an unusually high number of visits. This was exceeding the number of visits allowed under my current plan.
Kinsta proactively reached out to me, and instead of trying to upgrade me to another plan, a technician reviewed the site’s analytics with me, and we determined what improvements could be made. The technician also provided an article for me to use (https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/apm-tool/) which was very helpful.
No other host I’ve used, and I have used many, has ever provided this type of support.
Kinsta’s s support technicians are WordPress developers; they create WordPress themes, plugins and contribute back to the core. I have always been able to reach out whenever needed and have gotten an immediate response.
I go to Kinsta’ s library of free articles almost daily, many of which you will find on the first page of google.
They don’t just cover WordPress related topics, but all topics related to hardware, software, hosting environments – whatever you need to manage your websites, infrastructure, and platforms.
Below are the most recent articles I have used. It is amazing how simple yet thorough they are for someone still learning, although they also have tips for those that might know more.
- How to Do a WordPress Migration on Your Own (with no downtime)
- How to Speed Up Your WordPress Site (Free e-book)
- How to Take a Screenshot on Windows (7, 8, 10), and Save and Edit Them
- How to Fix the “Clickable Elements Too Close Together” Error (3 Methods)
- How to Find Your Current WordPress Version and Update to the Latest One
With no complicated long-term contracts, Kinsta provides a 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. If you decide Kinsta is not for you, ask for your money back.
If you are serious about your WordPress website Host, and speed, knowledge, and support are important to you, take a closer look at Kinsta.
This site uses affiliate links, which means that when you click on one I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I recommend Kinsta as a host because I use Kinsta and I believe that the services they offer are the best. If you choose to use one of these links, I appreciate it. Thanks a lot!