Looking for the best power inverter for your solar power system? There are a few things to consider before making your choice. On this we will help you will find the best 3000 watt inverter for your application.
Power inverters have many different features that may be confusing for those who are new to the renewable energy world. In this buyers guide, I have taken the time to explain how each feature will affect your decision.
Here is our list of best power inverters – 3000 watts Modified sine wave
Modified or pure sinewave power inverters
There are 2 main types of power Inverters. The modified sinewave inverter and the pure sinewave inverters. The pure sinewave inverters are better and more expensive. The current they produce is very similar to the current supplied by the electric grid. On the other hand, the modified sinewave inverters are cheap and are good for most applications except the sensitive equipments.
HERE IS OUR LIST OF BEST POWER INVERTERS – 3000 WATTS Pure SINE WAVE
Best Power Inverters by ratings
Inverters are rated by the amount of load they can carry. A 3000 watt inverter would be adequate as a backup for most homes. It will also handle most RV and cottages. You can always scale down from 3000 watts to 1000 Watts and even lower. In this review we will consider only 3000 watt inverters.
BEST 3000 WATT INVERTER FOR ADDED ACCESSORIES
KRIËGER 3000 Watt 12V Power Inverter
This inverter comes with a 3yr warrant and has installation cables included. It is also quite portable. All these at a very affordable price. In my research I found that this 3000 watt inverter had the highest number of positive reviews online.
- Small size – fits into small spaces
- 2 USB outlets
- Hard wire kit included
- Battery Cable included
- Wired remote starter
- Digital display
- Some people find the included 3ft battery cable too short. Especially when you are using the inverter in a vehicle.
Best 3000 Watt Inverter for cost
Peak PKC0AW 3000-Watt Power Inverter
The Peak power inverter has a continuous output of 3000 watts and a peak output of 6000 watts. This means that it can power most home appliances that are below 3000 watts. Do not forget that, you will need a good battery bank get 3000 watts of power from this inverter for a good length of time.
- It is the least expensive in our list
- It has 4 A/C outlets
- It has a remote starter
- It has only one usb outlet
- Some users complained of the length of the included cable.
Best 3000 Watt Inverter for direct connection to home wiring
Go Power! GP-3000HD 3000-Watt Power Inverter
We found that the Go Power inverter is the one best designed to be used as a back up system for the home. It has a continuous power output of 3000 watts and a peak output power of 6000 watts.
- Tough exterior, gives you the peace of mind that it will last for some time and would withstand some rough usage
- It has a kit with which you can hard wire the inverter to your home’s electric system. This is very useful when using the power inverter as part of a solar power system.
- It does not have a digital display to show the power consumption, battery voltage and other outputs
- It does not have a USB out let
Boost 3000 Watt Power Inverter
The Boost 3000 Watt 12v Inverter is as good as any of the inverters listed here. It has a decent number of positive reviews online and it delivers on its promise.
- well built with an aluminium frame
- It has only 2 110v outlets
- No USB outlets
- No hardwire connecting kit
This inverter is just another alternative, should you not like all the other for some reasons best known to you.
One More 3000 Watt Inverter
ENERGIZER 3000 Watt Power Inverter
This is one more 3000 Watt Power Inverter. Here are some of its Pros and Cons:
- It has 4 AC power outlets
- It has an ultra silent cooling fan. For many of the other inverters, the noise from the cooling fan can be very annoying.
- It also has 4 USB outlets. This means you can charge more of your electronic gadgets such as phones, tablets, power banks, cameras etc without having to use a USB extension.
- Some users complained that the lights on the inverter can be too bright at night. They wish it could be turned off. Most people don’t mind this though.
Top 3000 Watt Inverters – Pure Sine Wave
Go Power! GP-SW3000-12 3000-Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter
The Go Power 3000 watt inverter is very well built. It has both a 24v and a 12 Volt version. It is designed to work well as part of your backup power system for the home. This Pure Sine Wave Inverter comes at a high price. However, their customer support and warranty are excellent and the inverter works very well. For the price of this inverter, you would expect an integrated LCD display to provide information about the load and battery levels. This is not the case with the Go Power 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter. I hope the company will take note of this and integrate the display. There is, however, a remote on/off switch which has some indicators for voltage levels and power output. This remote on/of switch is sold separately. I would expect it to be included.
The Go Power 3000 watt inverter has a peak output of 6000 watts. This should be adequate for most household appliances and power tools. If you are looking for a reliable North American 3000 Watt Pure Sine Wave inverter, you cant go wrong with the Go Power Inverter.
- Well built by a North American company
- Trust worthy warranty anf good custmer service
- Hardwire connection available
- 2 GFCI protected outlets
- High Cost
- No LCD display
AIMS Power 3000 Watt 12V Pure Sine Inverter Charger
SUNGOLDPOWER 3000W Peak 9000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
Samlex Solar EVO-3012 Evolution Series Inverter/Charger
PowerTech On Advanced Technology PURE SINE WAVE Inverter 3000W
VertaMax 3000 Watt (6000W surge) 12V Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
The pure sine wave inverter is the way to go if you want to use your inverter for sensitive equipment and you have a budget for it. The modified sine wave inverters can handle a lot of things too. I have both types of inverters and they serve very well. I believe there is no need to spend so much on a pure sine wave inverter when all you need is a modified sine wave inverter. The Go Power inverters are the best in the market at this time.